Writing
Assignment #4-Response on Literary Work
“Daddy it Hurts”
By: Unknown
My name is Chris
I am three,
My eyes are swollen
I cannot see,
I must be stupid
I must be bad,
What else could have made
My daddy so mad?
I wish I were better
I wish I weren’t ugly,
Then maybe my mommy
Would still want to hug me.
I can’t do a wrong
I can’t speak at all
Or else I’m locked up
All day long.
When I’m awake I’m all alone
The house is dark
My folks aren’t home
When my mommy does come home
I’ll try and be nice,
So maybe I’ll just get
One whipping tonight.
I just heard a car
My daddy is back
From Charlies bar
I hear him curse
My name is called
I press myself
Against the wall
I try to hide
From his evil eyes
I’m so afraid now
I’m starting to cry
He finds me weeping
Calls me ugly words,
He says its my fault
He suffers at work
He slaps and hits me
And yells at me more,
I finally get free
And run to the door
He’s already locked it
And I start to bawl,
He takes me and throws me
Against the hard wall
I fall to the floor
With my bones nearly broken,
And my daddy continues
With more bad words spoken,
‘I’m sorry!’, I scream
But its now much to late
His face has been twisted
Into a unimaginable shape
The hurt and the pain
Again and again
O please God, have mercy!
O please let it end!
And he finally stops
And heads for the door
While I lay there motionless
Sprawled on the floor
My name is Chris
I am three,
Tonight my daddy
Murdered me
This poem
is about how
a three year
old boy named
Chris is being
abused by his
father every night
and how one
night his father
beats him so
bad, he ends
up murdering Chris.
The problem
portrayed in this
poem is child
abuse and how
it can affect
a child mentally
and physically. For example, the
poem states “My daddy is back from Charlies bar
I hear him curse
my name is called I press
myself
against the wall I try to hide from
his evil eyes.”
Which Chris is
now terrified of
his father! This poem
made me a
little more knowledgeable
of how child
abuse has affected
a kid to
the point at which they
break down inside
and just fears
for his life.
Writing Assignment #5-Poem
Our
View
We give up
We can’t do this anymore
We will not be treated like this
We’re humans too
We may be different
But we’re the same
I remember when we had a voice
But only to answer to our boss
But now we have the courage
To speak for our rights
To stand and march for the freedom we deserve
We look up to God and ask for a reason why
What have we done?
We have been kicked out
We have been looked at as if we committed a crime
We have been beaten almost to death Writing Assignment #6-Response on a Work of Art
In this
photo of 9/11
by James Nachtway I
can see building
one of the
World Trade Center
collapsing into a
pile of smoke
and tower 2
burning after being
hit by the
airplane, around unharmed
buildings and a
wooden cross faces
towards the buildings. What I
believe this picture
portrays is that
in this picture
terrorists are attacking two
manmade structures that
was to be
one of the
most iconic structure
in New York
City. In this
picture I believe
the cross represents
a force field
around the WTC to protect
the other buildings
from any harm. This work
of art made
me think of
the battle humans
face against each
other. Humans cannot
have enough power
and they will
do whatever they
can and how
many lives it
will take to
be the top
ruler.
I thought that your perception of the photo was really strong, and your response to it was really inciteful. You had a strong backup to your statement. Good job.
ReplyDelete